Monday, March 15, 2010

// Folk Opera


My husband is both a music nut and a history fanatic... which makes Anaïs Mitchell's Hadestown the equivalent of Christmas. Hadestown is "a folk opera based on the Orpheus myth, set in a post apocalyptic American depression."

That sounded about as exciting as watching paint dry, until I checked out the talent line-up, which includes, Justin Vernon (aka Bon Iver), Ani DiFranco, Ben Knox Miller (of the Low Anthem), and many more. I then *heard* the soundtrack... and it's incredible!

I bet this will be a fantastic and unique show. Check the website to see if they'll be performing in your town!

[Check out M's comments over on Paper Pistol, as I'm sure he said something a lot more eloquent about the show!]

Vancouver Show:
Tue, Mar. 30 2010 7:30 PM Doors open at 6:00 PM
Old Crow House Concerts
243 East 22nd St
North Vancouver, British Colombia

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually quite sad that we won't be in town for it... we listened to the album/soundtrack quite a bit over the weekend, and it's *really* good...

    ReplyDelete