Monday, January 26, 2009

Fifty Million

Last night's lotto was an estimated fifty million dollars.

M & I had a nice little day-dreamy chat about what we would do with fifty million dollars...
The usual things came up - charity, family, friends, travel, house... but the thing I found really interesting is how we said it would impact our day to day lives - what we'd do with the time (if we left our jobs).

For M it meant maybe playing more music, recording an album, taking up photography seriously, going back to school...

For me it meant starting the business I've had on the back burner for a year, immersing myself in art (painting, printing, sewing, creating...), taking more classes & maybe freelancing more seriously...

I'd love a big, beautiful bright studio where I could hole-up and work away - and a studio for M wired with all the techy things he likes where he could play (&blog) 'til his fingers hurt.

The more I think about these passions of ours, the more I realize you don't need fifty million to fulfill them. You just need to start. (though I wouldn't say no to his & hers studios... and an extra few hours in the day).

So, how is this wedding related? Well, both M and I said that if we became fifty million dollars richer, we wouldn't change a thing about how we're planning our wedding - and I think that's pretty cool.

What are your passions? If you had the time and money to do whatever you'd like - what would you do? And what's stopping you?

(photo from d*s. i'll kill to have a bright studio like this. bonus points for the beautiful old wood floors & white walls)

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I have this conversation all the time. Our dreams sound a lot like yours!

    ReplyDelete